GNC TamaFlex™ is a novel botanical blend of Tamarind seed extract and Turmeric extract. The blend is backed by extensive research both in clinical and pre-clinical models and is shown to improve joint health.
Tamarindus indicus belongs to the family Leguminosae (Fabaceae), commonly known as Tamarind tree, one of the fruit tree species that is used in traditional medicines in Ayurveda. Phytochemical analysis show that Tamarindus indicus contains phenolic compounds with antioxidant properties.
Curcuma longa L. (Zingiberaceae), commonly known as turmeric, is a perennial herb, widely cultivated in tropical regions of Asia. Curcuma longa is a well-known spice with a mustard-like, earthy aroma and has been studied for decades for its various roles in human health.
Both tamarind and turmeric used in TamaFlex are cultivated in fields in India. They are farmed using sustainable farming practices without the use of chemical pesticides or chemical fertilizers. They are non-GMO, dried naturally, and processed in US-FDA audited, fully certified facilities. Environment friendly farming practices help ensure that the product is of the highest quality.
Benefits/Key Features :
- Clinically shown to help increase walking distance/distance walked as early as 2 weeks.^
- Clinically shown to help you walk faster and farther as early as 2 weeks.^
- Clinically shown to improve functional performance while using stairs as quickly as 2 weeks/clinically shown to improve ability to use stairs as quickly as 2 weeks.^
- Supports an increased range of motion in the joint/knee as quickly as 2 weeks.^
- Helps improve joint flexibility and function as early as 2 weeks.^
- Helps soothe sore joint.^
Clinical Study Results:
^In a randomized, double blinded trial, 90 healthy adults took 125 mg of TamaFlex or placebo twice daily for 90 days. Those taking TamaFlex had improved (i) joint comfort, stiffness and function (WOMAC), (ii) walking speed and distance, (iii) use of stairs, and (iv) range of motion in the joint. Improvements were seen as early as 2 weeks for all outcomes but joint function (as early as 1 month).